Monday, April 16, 2012

Mothers in the Mountains.



It was the annual weekend to the mountains with mothers from our local schools.  When I arrived home, there were lovely signs and decorations to welcome me home.  Husband E had looked after the children and got some jobs done too, it was a lovely home coming.


The ladies who went spoilt me with gifts..... this mug complements a growing set.  I enjoyed it this morning with my morning coffee.



I collected some Autumn leaves from a walk in the park while I was in the mountains......



I bought a lovely hook for each of the children and husband E in anticipation of Winter jackets and scarves.



A door stop was a necessary find as the front door often slams shut.



My love for wombats is indulged,  this was one of the teatowels that I was given, so gorgeous....



A lovely, bright bag.... see I was spoilt!



A pair of sweet, wooden birds, now placed behind the frame that the same lovely lady gave to me last year.



A Huon pine bird, that smells lovely and will live in my cupboard.....



Aunty L indulged my love for Noddy and "Mary Poppins" with this box (that looks like a book that I had as a child) and the umbrella below.  What fun when the children saw these......



A very special weekend with friends, excellent company, time to be in company or alone..... I  really appreciate the weekend as our husbands all pull together and work behind the scenes to allow us to go without worrying about the home front.....
I also came home with lovely napkins, coasters, tea, soaps and relishes.... more gifts from friends....
Lovely ladies who all enjoy chatting, shopping, eating, resting, walking, exploring and then returning to their families.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

You are so mindful of finding time away with your lady friends. This is presently an area in my life missing,but it will not be forever, just a season with caregiving and such.

But I do have good memories from the past!

Fiona said...

Just like Christmas! But without the stress!