Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Glass Half Full, Glass Half Empty.


A difficult day, with fatigue a problem and the weather no help. Patience not a strong point, motivation non existent. All my ideals in motherhood escaped me today.


But the breeze lifted this evening, we had homemade pizza on the deck, husband E played "Scarborough Fair" on the piano while 7 year old daughter sat on my lap and I stroked her hair. I looked out the window at the lovely bush.


As I drove to do the shop to buy some groceries, I had the windows down and Classic FM nice and loud.


Tomorrow is a new blessed day.


7 year old daughter saw the beauty in this bark the other day.

2 comments:

willywagtail said...

Scribbly bark is beautiful. Don't feel too bad. All mothers have off days and maybe even years and today was hot. Cherrie

Cathy said...

I loved your choice of words, "the breeze lifted today"... I need to look for the ways of His grace too, and you were able to convey this so beautifully