Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weetbix Slice.


It is a lovely cool day here. Good smells this afternoon include Vietnamese Chicken and Weetbix Slice.


Weetbix Slice (Double this to make two slabs.)


1 cup SR Flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
3 weetbix
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 T cocoa
1/2 cup butter


Melt butter , add to dry ingredients. Press into lamington tin. Bake 10-15 min. While warm, spread with choc icing (butter, icing sugar, milk and cocoa)


The easiest/richest icing I know involves: 6 T milk, 6 T butter and 1/1/2 cups sugar. Place all in large capacity jug in micro. Boil for 30 secs. Remove and quickly add 1 cup choc drops (I have used milk in one recipe and white in another). Stir vigorously to melt and then pour and spread over cake quickly before it sets. YUM YUM.


The recipe for the slice comes from Mrs B, who got it from our school recipe book.

2 comments:

The Old Dairy said...

I will be giving this slice a go , sounds nice and easy,just what I need.

walter and me said...

Hello! thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Elderflower and rosehip syrups are now filling my sorecupboard. Great for winter pick-me-ups! Re post below...I love lavender - smell is so important. Those plug in things are vile (in my opinion!!).