Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day in My Life.

Here is a "Day in My Life" that Little Jenny Wren is hosting. The idea is to record all that we do on the 14th of each month. We will have a lovely record of our week after a few months I am sure.


We woke up to the sound of wind and rain. The children awoke, ate breakfast, got dressed, made beds and played nicely whilst we were getting ready to go to church. 6 year old daughter practiced playing the piano while her two sisters watched.


I enjoyed a cup of coffee which 9 year old son photographed. I also wrapped the present that aforementioned son was taking to a birthday party later in the day. E and I finished preparing a meal we were going to take to church and we all got into the car on time.

We enjoyed Communion at church and then came home. En route we stopped in at my parent's house and then bought some lovely bread rolls. The sun had come out and we had our lunch on the deck. Salmon or cheese and tomato on the rolls for us and honey for the children. Lots of fruit as well. The older two then quickly got into the car and E stayed with the younger two.

I took 9 year old son to a birthday party in an indoor sporting centre and took 6 year old daughter out for gelato. We both had rich chocolate. We also bought a birthday present for a party she will be attending in a few weeks time.

We returned home to the two little ones asleep and E reading the paper. E then had to go and pick up 9 year old son. That took me up to 'cup of tea time' and a time to sit and rest.
E then took some soup to our neighbour and wished her a happy birthday.
The little ones woke up and started to draw over the large sheets of paper that their Grandpa had given to them. 2 year old daughter would do a 'scribble' (drawing) and then act out the animal she had drawn. 4 year old daughter was working on writing her name.

I sorted through the accumulation of paperwork on the kitchen bench. Husband E vacuumed the hallway. We never seem to vacuum the house all in one go.
After an afternoon tea of fruit bread, grapes, apples and yogurt, the children and E went for a bush walk to a suspension bridge. I was left with the cat and some quiet. While they were gone, a thunderstorm swept through. I looked forward to everyone's return home. When everyone came home, we were blessed with just a hint of a rainbow. I put some pasta on to boil and the older two children had their showers.

The children ate their dinner, the younger two were showered, stories, bed and prayers. The older two watched some of the Para Olympics and then a recording of the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics that were too late for them to watch when it actually occurred a while ago. I caught up with some emails, cleaned the table and kitchen.
The older two had their longer story reading night, 6 year old daughter chose her library book and 9 year old son chose "Harry Potter". After they went to bed, husband E and I had Thai for dinner and watched "Midsomer Murders." We also watched Compass which discussed religion in education.
A final cup of tea, a cat on my lap and thoughts to the week ahead.

6 comments:

Tania said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day.

Tania

Anonymous said...

What a sweet day with time made for lovely things like coffee, gelato, walks, relaxing, skywatching, and tea! Even though gelato is quite popular everywhere, I've never even tasted it. Next time I'm in a town with a gelato shop... :-)

I enjoyed reading about your day,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day...

Cathy said...

Your progression of the day was a delightful read....and the photos were of the kind that say "reach out and touch". And I would if I could!

The Old Dairy said...

Sounds ike one off those days that you just enjoy. I enjoyed reading about it......
Mandy

Tia said...

What a lovely day - gelato, parties, prayer and family.
Tia