Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday.

Some good things so far today: a soft cat on my lap, sunshine on my arms, a little walk with 2 year old daughter and some time sitting and watching the local bush turkey. Also, dinner's dilemma is solved by A Year of Crockpotting.

Crockpot Vietnamese Chicken.
--4-6 chicken thighs (my thighs had skin and bones)--
1 1/2 T gluten free soy sauce--
1 1/2 T fish sauce--
1 1/2 t white sugar--
1/2 t black pepper--
4 cloves chopped garlic--
1 T canola oil--

Put in crockpot for 4-6 hours on high.

I have said in the past that I would not do chicken in the crockpot again. I will give this recipe a go. The great thing about the recipes at this website is that the chicken can be frozen. Hopefully the delicious sauce will be enjoyed.

I have just noticed that the turkey and the chicken are in the same post and are somewhat related.......

3 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

I'm glad that I can be of any help to your family! I hate thawing meat.
:-)

-steph

Melba said...

Sounds yummy--maybe I'll give this a try now that life is a hectic roller coaster again. Not sure where to find "fish sauce" though...

Melba

Anna said...

Hmmm...maybe I will have to give this a try! Does cooking it frozen keep it more moist, I wonder?

Thanks for the recipe!