Monday, September 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside the window is Spring....
I am thinking that I will need to resume my walks on a Tuesday morning.
I am thankful for lovely, welcoming, encouraging teachers at our school and preschool.
From the kitchen I will be baking many things for fathers' day; biscuits (cookies) and lemon slice. I am going to a Multicultural assembly today to hear 6 year old daughter sing.
I am wearing jeans, a pink shirt and a denim waistcoat.
I am reading New Zealand "Home Beautiful" magazines and "The Ministry of Motherhood."
I am hoping to tackle the bedrooms this week.
I am hearing 2 year old daughter playing with wooden puzzles.
Around the house is the need for a Spring clean.
One of my favourite things is feeling a breeze.
A few plans for the rest of the week include going to a wedding of a student I taught 12 years ago. She was 9 at the time.
Here is my picture thought...

We had to babysit a toy dog from the preschool on the weekend. His name is "Bluey" and we had to write a diary about what he did with 4 year old daughter.

12 comments:

Paula said...

Enjoyed reading your Daybook post.;)

I recently attended the wedding of one of my former students; makes me feel like I'm getting old!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Jen said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I pray you have a great week.

Mummy said...

Great daybook! Have a lovely week!

flmom said...

What a lovely cat! I love gentle breezes as well - so refreshing for the soul.

Anonymous said...

So funny to be reading about spring as we enter autumn...LOL!
I enjoyed reading your day book..hope your day is doubly blessed.

Cathy said...

We can only hope your kitty does not have any problems giving "Bluey" up after his short sojourn at your house!

Thru Pink Curtains said...

nice picture on your header and the color you chose for your blog. well , kitty is just sharing a moment!!

SimplyMe said...

Enjoy the wedding. That must feel weird. I'm still freaked out that the kids I babysat as infants have kids.

Love the pic...too adorable

Sandra said...

The picture is so cute :)

Thanks for sharing your day with us.

My Daybook Entry

Anonymous said...

LOL! How funny about the dog. Fun photo!!

Thanks for stopping by. I've put a linky on if you want to come sign it!

Missus Wookie said...

Cute photo - we had a similar diary, but took ours to Paris as well as London. Hope Bluey had a good time!

Lemon slices sound good to me, love lemon cakes.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet picture =)

While you're having gently spring breezes I'm experiencing gusty autumn winds, the day would be so much nicer if it were calm.

Elaine