Friday, November 14, 2008

A Day in My Life.


A Day in my Life; fuzzy-just like my photo's...........

















I am snuffly and slow this morning.



The first thing I saw as I opened my eyes was a kookaburra; one of my favourite birds. It should be a good day!!



After a shower I made our bed and heard the two little ones chatting. I made their beds and dressed them. Then on to 6 year old daughter for our morning snuggle and Bible story. We woke 9 year old son next. I laid out breakfast, checked emails and took the last few things out of the bathroom as it is being painted today.



6 year old daughter did her piano practise once she was dressed. 9 year old son wrote a birthday card for his school principal as he shares a birthday with her and it will be this Sunday. I wrapped a small gift. We also gathered lollies for 9 year old son to take to school and took one out for his oldest sister. We also had to gather school library books as they are due for stock take today.



I made lunches and the older two children chose their chips for their lunchbox. They have a little bag of chips on a Friday.



I gathered towels and loaded the washing machine.




The painter arrived and after chatting, I attended to organising school bags. It was lovely to see 2 year old daughter sitting with 9 year old son on the couch, and 6 year old daughter next to them. 4 year old daughter was on the other couch.



Kisses and farewells and the older two headed for the bus stop. Breakfast and coffee for me now.



The two little ones ate some toast, then we all headed out to hang out the washing and make peg patterns on the basket. A little play in the cubby house and then back inside. It is very hot already.



I put some washing away and finally put some moisture absorbing containers in the cupboards. It is also getting humid now.



The little ones then had cheese and crackers and I sorted through some more washing. 2 year old daughter then delighted in 9 year old son's cars and 4 year old daughter later joined her. I rang the preschool to check the status of 2 year old daughter's enrollment for 2010.



I dusted our bedroom and the lampshades!!!



Next some drawing, me too and chat with the painters. Lunch preparation next. The painting is finished. Now my eagerness to put things back where they belong is going to have to wait for the paint to dry.




I have read stories and put two little ones to bed. The next job was to wash the bathroom floor and all areas where I see white dust.



I had a cheese and tomato sandwich and quickly read a supplement to the newspaper. I tidied 9 year old son's room where little girls had enjoyed their play. A chat with the cat and a little lie down as this cold is making my head feel odd.



The little ones woke up, the older two came home on the bus. I quickly brought in the washing before the storm clouds produce rain.



Now more feeding at the zoo.....afternoon tea.



I washed up and tidied the kitchen ready for the evening. 4 year old daughter went to the study to look at old photo's and 2 year old daughter returned to 9 year old son's bedroom.



I repaired a baby blanket that has been waiting for over two years. That felt good. A cup of tea quickly before preparing for swimming lessons.



Husband E came home and 4 year old daughter discovered that our cat had been sick. Quick clean up. 2 year old daughter has surreptitiously gone to 6 year old daughter's room to play with the dolls' house.



I will now have to type the plan for here onwards as it is going to get hectic.

Firstly swimming for 6 year old and 4 year old daughters. Afterwards I hope to duck to a hardware store quickly for a rug for the bathroom.



Husband E will feed the children and clean the windows in the family room that has had all the work done in it. I then will go to my sister in law's birthday dessert night. I have even put jewellery on for the occasion; the beads of the necklace are made of rolled up bits of magazines and then are lacquered. They were made in South Africa but I bought them here at a fair trade stall. After coming home, I will help husband E move furniture into the family room. I will also make sure that all is in order for 9 year old's birthday party tomorrow.

This is all quite unusual for a Friday night for us- Husband E and I usually order Thai takeaway food for dinner and watch a movie together.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

A full day! Is your family room finished already? Saw 9yo en route to principal, soon you will have to call him 10yo. Congratulations on your anniversary - 10 years!

Marytoo said...

I enjoyed reading your busy day.