Monday, November 17, 2008

Room With a View.




We are enjoying the breathing space as we have moved furniture this weekend. This time things have gone back into different spots and it feels really nice. We couldn't lift the piano and we did not want to run it over the new floor, so it has a new home-a cosier spot. I am even tempted to practice what I learnt when I indulged in piano lessons after our fourth child was born.



We have also placed the table in the bay window area which is a lovely spot to look out onto the garden. It is interesting how we have this desire to nest and create a quiet, restful sanctuary.



I will post more photo's later in the week.


Sunday was (now) 10 year old son's actual birthday. We always have balloons and the children enjoy having to hunt for their presents. The balloons kept the younger ones entertained.......

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Looks like a good re-arrangement. Yes, please play the piano!

The Old Dairy said...

The floors look really good. I am a firm believer that you never put furniture back in the same place.......

Diary From Africa said...

Well they say that a change is as good as a holiday & I always love changing furniture around as it seems to give the house a new lease of life for a while !

Aimee said...

i love rearranging and recreating cozy spaces too...thanks for visiting me :)