Friday, March 13, 2009

A New Day...

Not my photo.

A new day. I think a bit more direction in my day is necessary. That is besides meal times for the children, school starting and finishing times and after school activities. I think I will adopt a Flylady concept and do an activity for a period of time and then move to the next.



This will include blogging. I am going to reduce the amount of blogs I list on my sidebar so that I am only reading a few over my coffee break. If I have a chance later in the day I will check in to the blogs that I have marked as favourites. I am sure you all understand this; blogging is like having a never ending pile of magazines or a never ending telephone conversation!



I will set aside time for stillness and prayer. I will exercise. Husband E and I chatted about this last night, we will keep this aim in mind for me.



Today I will have quite a bit to do at any rate, no time for lack of motivation. I like to get jobs done on the Friday as it gives us more chance to relax and be together on the weekend. Also first born son is coming home from camp today. We have all missed him so much. His laundry bag will be full, wet, muddy.........



Also, we are off to the lakehouse this weekend with two cousins, we are coming to the end of the season for swimming, so hopefully the children can enjoy that this weekend.



I will know that it has been a successful day if baking happens today. It would be nice to welcome 10 year old son with choc chip cookies (his favourite) and have some to take away with us.



OK, and present hobbies are going to be sudoku and reading. Easily interrupted, I have all necessary requirements at home, library or bookclub, it is portable and a good activity to do alongside children who want to sit with me! I was able to zone out of contractions with our fourth child in labour by doing sudoku, so what wonders could it do for my mind today?



Well coffee needs to be "espressed"..........

2 comments:

Robin said...

You blog makes me feel calm. I love the framed artwork. I think I will do that too.

GingerLouise Clothing said...

Hi there--hope your well I simply adore that photo--it blows mine away! Actually thats what I meant by mine--that glorios sunset is somewhere behind all the buildings.