Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pillow Parade.


Pillow covers crocheted by my Great Grandmother.

A very bright pillow given to me by my Mother.


A pillowcase that I made featuring Australian product advertisements. I know it is upside down, sorry, but it is Down Under after all!



A lavender pillow bought for $1 at the school fete.




My sister in law made this pillowcase for me for our anniversary as I love Australian animals.




The top pillow was made by my Godmother to bear our rings in our wedding ceremony. The bottom pillow was embroidered by a family friend for the birth of our first child.




My Great Aunt painted and made this pillow for the birth of our third child.

9 comments:

HiHo said...

what a sweet chick, or should I say what a sweet Aunt.Love it!
Heidi

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I love them! Pillows are certainly sentimental, aren't they? That little chick is so chic! Thanks for sharing...
~Misti

Melissa Miller said...

You have some really unique and adorable pillows.

The little duck is so cute!

honeysuckle said...

How nice to be reminded of special people in yur life as you look at and pass by your pillows!

kari and kijsa said...

We love that your pillows have so many special memories and people attached to them- Each one as beautiful and special as the person it came from! thank you so much for joining in- we did love your pillows! Happy St. Patricks Day!
blessings, kari & kijsa

Robin said...

You know, I was looking at your post thinking about how I do not have hardly a pillow, especially one that means something....and then I started giggling to myself about how you don't have an alligator egg either. I know they don't really compare but it is kind of funny isn't it? Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Cathy said...

I love your many pillows! Pillows are so very important you know.

Diary From Africa said...

What a lovely collection of cushions & pillows you have ! What makes them even more special, is the fact that each one tells a story and means something to you. Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Fiona said...

I would never had guessed you had such a variety of pillows with so many different stories to them!