Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baking Wednesday


I generally try to bake on Wednesdays (usually stock for school lunchboxes). While I have a sink of soapy water and am waiting for things to melt or cook, I clean the surfaces in the kitchen.

Am surprised that baking has happened today; have been a little behind all day. Today's recipe is gluten free chocolate cake.


Gluten free chocolate cake (this makes two cakes)

300g good quality chocolate (I use dark)
200g butter
8 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
250g almond meal

Melt butter and chocolate together over a low heat in a saucepan. Take off the heat, add sugar and then eggs. Mix. Add almond meal. Mix. Pour into two lined pans (I use 20cm square pans) and bake at 160-180 degrees Centigrade for about 20minutes. I don't even think about icing this one.
This recipe came from a newspaper supplement

No comments: