Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Apple Crumble.


I will quickly post this quick and easy recipe. It helped to make soup and bread become a warm, comforting meal.

Apple Crumble
820g tin of pie apple (last night's had cinnamon in it)
120g butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar.

Pour apple into baking dish. In another bowl, melt butter and mix in flour and butter. Spread on top of pie apple and bake in medium oven for about 20 minutes. Delicious with vanilla icecream.

This recipe came from someone who I think got it from Mrs H. It might have changed in translation a little.....

5 comments:

Linda said...

This is my Nana's recipe, using old fashioned cups, I think she used a tea cup.

1 cup SR flour, 3/4 cup coconut, 1/2 cup sugar (she used raw), 2 tabs, the old fashioned kind butter rubbed in.

Hill upon Hill said...

YUM, thankyou.

Fiona said...

My original recipe has shredded coconut also. (1 cup) And I find 120g butter way too much, usually I use about 80g, although the original recipe is for 120g.

Hill upon Hill said...

yes, that's right....I don't like coconut so I leave it out.

Screaming Meme said...

Yummy! I want some! Screaming Meme