Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Marshmallow Iced Cake...




I baked! A usual butter cake with marshmallow icing. The idea was not mine but came from "Better Homes and Gardens."

Place a row of marshmallows and then put under the grill.

Take care and watch whilst the cake is under the grill as the marshmallows get hot and may burn and cause a lot of smoke. After they have melted, I took off the browned tops and then spread the molten marshmallow. Very interesting to cut, serve and eat. Think of mozarella style strands of marshmallow. E will come home and eat the crunchy tops that have been put aside in a bowl.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Charlotte and I just made all sorts of oooooo sounds when we saw this fun cake! When you say grill do you mean in the oven, as we would say broil?

Sandra said...

My kids would love me forever if I made this, it looks SO good.

Hill upon Hill said...

Probably yes to broil. Basically the lower separate section to the oven that has an element on top to brown. Yours might actually be in your main oven. With mine, I have to leave the door open when "broiling".