Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...the gum leaves are gently moving and kookaburras are laughing.
I am thinking.....that our local community is lovely.
I am thankful for....healthy children.
From the kitchen....will be the tomato soup cake that I never made on the weekend.
I am creating.....some greeting cards this week.
I am going....to morning tea tomorrow.
I am wearing....black jeans, pink shirt, black jumper and a scarf that my mother bought in Morocco.
I am reading...a pile of newspaper segments.
I am hoping.....that the Olympics remain peaceful.
I am hearing....my chimes.
Around the house.....are projects needing attention.
One of my favourite things is....the smell of clean children.
A few plans for the rest of the week include....sorting the paperwork that I did not do last week and reducing clutter in the older two childrens' bedrooms.

My picture thought, 6 year old daughter off to a party.....




4 comments:

Linda said...

I enjoyed your post.

Anonymous said...

A simple day...where do I find one?

Your daughter is wearing a beautiful dress and her hair....wish I could have had hair like that when I was young.

Elaine

Fiona said...

Oh look at her beautiful hair!
And how WAS the cake?

Hill upon Hill said...

She is a lucky girl, but hates having it brushed. Am yet to try the tomato soup cake, will do it on Wednesday, stay posted.....