Monday, August 4, 2008

Face Time With the Kids...


I am enjoying working towards a challenge. We have moved on from "Conquering the Clutter" to improving "Face Time With the Kids." I appreciate the list of suggestions and one in particular I can say we regularly enjoy doing: reading books. Sunday nights is long story nights: usually 6 year old daughter's library books and 9 year old son's "Harry Potter." The younger two have stories every night with E and with me before nap time. I do think there is room to improve though....9 year old boy needs to learn to enjoy reading and to choose to take it up as a choice and I should revisit some of 6 year old daughter's beautiful books.

In any case, less worry and just enjoyment reading with them, not so?

3 comments:

Linda said...

I think our eleven year old was struggling with Harry Potter. Not sure if it is the fine print. She got interested in Clarice Bean and another girls? book Pippy Longstocking I think. Now she is reading Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls. Things are going a lot smoother.

Hill upon Hill said...

Yes, Harry Potter is one I read to him.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Reading to your kids is so important. I need to get into a routine to make sure I read to them everyday! Thanks for the reminder!
Toni