Monday, August 18, 2008

Face Time with the Kids.

The challenge this month is to spend more time with our children. The first week it was recommended that we read together, the second week that we cook together and now the third week that we play games with our children.
Well, every Saturday night is "Games Night" in our house. I must say, we have had some good laughs and learnt some valuable lessons, such as playing for fun and not always being the winner. Saturday nights usually involve our older two, however the younger two are becoming quite adept at "Snap" during the day.

By the way, the Drop Everything and Read (D.E.A.R.) session in the afternoon is going really well. It is nice to do it all together.
Don't forget, the adults have to do it alongside the children. Altogether you see..

4 comments:

Linda said...

The books look beautiful.

I have an award for you! Please come by my blog to pick it up.

Anonymous said...

I should put my kids' books in a basket like that... they have a hard time keeping them on their bookshelves.

Anonymous said...

Saturday games night sounds wonderful. I'd love to institute that with my family once all the kiddos are old enough.

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that I think your D.E.A.R. program is fantastic. I just love that acronym. We have been doing that this month ever since I saw your post.

Hill upon Hill said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by.