Sunday, August 31, 2008

Food From Many....


Food means many things: it is given for rest and sustenance, it is given in rememberance and it is to commemorate.


My father made a pot of chicken soup and my mother made fritatta. My sister made gluten free chocolate cake. I did not get to make milk tart for afternoon tea. I woke up and really felt the effects of the cold we have all been fighting for the last three weeks. We did however have koeksysters that we had bought to remember that 26 years ago we lived in South Africa. Mum and Dad also sent biltong, droewors and some more koeksysters.


Again a day of quiet moments, resting and recuperating.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

What are koeksysters please?

Hill upon Hill said...

plaited dough deep fried and then doused in syrup: healthy: NOT.

Cathy said...

The blessings of having extended family nearby must add such richness.