Monday, August 18, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside my window are clouds suggesting rain.
I am thinking of projects that are incomplete-quilt and our childrens' babybooks.
I am thankful for a quiet morning.
From the kitchen will be a roast and soup this week, as well as baking.
I am creating mental lists of childrens' interests so I can buy appropriate presents. (I apologise for using this phrase in this manner, but creativity is definitely an area that I need to develop.)
I am going to a warehouse this week to buy Christmas presents and birthday presents for all our nieces and nephews.
I am wearing grey pants, red top and grey jumper (sweater).
I am reading notes from school and preschool.
I am hoping to clear the bench of paperwork.
I am hearing Clannad playing.
Around the house is order of some kind.
One of my favourite things is shortbread with coffee.
A few plans for the rest of the week include revising some piano lessons I had over a year ago and sorting through childrens' clothes for the change in season.
Here is my picture thought: 6 year old daughter's art piece titled "Olympic Rings."



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the Olympic rings!!! Christmas presents???? Oh my, you are wonderfully organized!!

Anita said...

The Olympic rings are wonderful!
I've been planning Christmas presents lately, but none are ready yet... I make as of them as I can...

threesidesofcrazy said...

I try to make all of our Christmas presents by hand so I start planning and buying supplies in January during the after Christmas sales. Have a great week.

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, you like shopping for Christmas early, also. I usually buy my gifts all year. I have several already. I always want to be finished by the first of November. I don't know about this year with the move and all.
I like the art work. It is very creative and pretty.
Mama Bear

Peculiar said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I really like your daughter's art piece "Olympic Rings." How creative! I have to sort through my girls' and son's clothes too. What a chore that can be sometimes!

I got your post for my To The Tune of Tea Tuesdays #20. How neat! I love tea, and I like doing my posts on all things tea on Tuesdays. I hope you come back to read along every week. I will look up this Bushells brand. I've never heard of it, but would like to try it. I like to try all kinds of new teas. I have discovered so many great ones.

Maybe we'll correspond again soon, I hope. Have a great week!

Peculiar said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I really like your daughter's art piece "Olympic Rings." How creative! I have to sort through my girls' and son's clothes too. What a chore that can be sometimes!

I got your post for my To The Tune of Tea Tuesdays #20. How neat! I love tea, and I like doing my posts on all things tea on Tuesdays. I hope you come back to read along every week. I will look up this Bushells brand. I've never heard of it, but would like to try it. I like to try all kinds of new teas. I have discovered so many great ones.

Maybe we'll correspond again soon, I hope. Have a great week!

Sandra said...

Enjoyed reading your daybook :)

Love the Olympic rings, how sweet.

GranthamLynn said...

What a fun daybook entry. You have an interesting week planned.
Good luck with your projects and your shopping.
The photo is really sweet.
I try and visit as many of the daybooks as I can and leave a comment. Everyone seems to be talking about weather today.
Come by and see me and my weather report!
Smiles,
Sherry

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed your Daybook and your daughter's Olympic rings. That's great that you start your Christmas shopping so early. I wish I did!

Have a great week!

~Susan

Hill upon Hill said...

Well done to all the clever ones who make things; how lovely. This year we hope to revisit days of old in our little family and just buy Christmas presents that we can use next year such as stationery, pens and pencils, nice paper etc. We have 14 nieces and nephews so will go hunting for them, for birthdays and our two older ones have a birthday in the next few months......

A happy heart at home said...

I'm glad it's 100 things in 1001 days - I don't think I'd even attempt it the other way around! I'm planning on posting my list on September 4th.

~Susan